Tamashii & Friends - Gathering Original Colorized

Tamashii & Friends - Gathering Original Colorized

Friday, March 25, 2011

I see you wear your checkered past just like a shiny suit of gold

Okay, I just got through one job, and I'm killing time before I go to my other one. Just because I'm a writer doesn't mean anything. For starters, I'm not even signed to an agent and a publisher yet! Until I start making sales on my books and I become my own boss, I have to work for the man and suck it up.

There's really not much to say about me. No, seriously, there isn't. I'm just an small-city girl with a big imagination and the desire to either corrupt or change the world as we know it (depends on which side of the glass you're looking from). I was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, yet raised in Logansport (which is about 2 hours away from the circle city). I attended Logansport Community High School and graduated in 2004, and then I graduated from Ball State University in 2008 with a major in Spanish and a minor in Religious Studies...

Now, wait a minute. How can I be a writer if I didn't take creative writing while I was in college? Frankly, I don't like deadlines that are set by other people. I set my own pace, and I stick with that. And I hate to be limited in my creativity. If I can't do my own thing with my own ideas and concepts, I'm neither motivated nor inspired to write. I'm an artist, and perfection cannot be rushed.

(Not only am I an artist, but I'm also a klutz when I'm under pressure because of time.)

And the irony of it all is my main degree: Spanish. I originally enrolled at Ball State to become a high school Spanish teacher. Well, after taking a Foreign Language Education course in my sophomore year and being surrounded by those who have the gift to teach and those who have left the country to study abroad up to that point, I felt out of place. I realized that teaching wasn't my calling, but I had taken so many Spanish classes and the major was almost complete. I was stuck. I couldn't change majors without going another year or two (and I was already looking at $36,000 in the hole come graduation). So, I dropped out of the Teachers' College and took up the departmental major instead. Big mistake. By the end of my junior year, I had come to loathe the Spanish language because of my Latin American professor. She was Argentine, and I couldn't please her no matter what! It was red mark after red mark! I did pass her courses (barely), and I realized that there was no way in hell I was going to become a translator! All I knew was the Spanish that I learned back in high school, not Spanish from Mexico, Guatemala, or any other Latin American country!

(And how could I be an effective Spanish teacher if I hate Spanish and Mexican food anyway?)

So, yes, my writing is actually a gift... or a talent. I've always had a knack for it, but I always felt that it just wasn't good enough...

Well, needless to say, I've complete three original manuscripts for my franchise Angelic Guardians & Demonic Guardians, and I've got several more started. If you have no idea what this series is about, it's pretty much an urban fantasy outlook of the book of Revelation in the Bible but with a taste of The Divine Comedy, Paradise Lost, and the anime/manga series Sailor Moon (even though it is a mixed team instead of all girls). And it does have some glimpses of my life as well but with a twist. In fact, most of the characters are/were people I know/knew but with Japanese names in romanji. All I can say at this point is that it's not fit for immature audiences, and I'm not talking about age alone. I'm talking about closed-minded religious hypocrites who are offended by my beliefs. If my language, my boldness, and my unconventionalism in my writing bothers you, this series is not meant for you. There is vulgarity, sex (graphic and implied), alcohol and drug usage, and, oh yes, archangels who accept the coexist movement. Also, if you are extremely poltical, you won't like the sixth book when I introduce the Illuminati/New World Order in accordance to certain chapters of Revelation (including the number 666).

(Did I mention that I can be offensive to the church and to the public?)

That being said, if there is anything else you want to know about me, email me. I'm not gonna make this blog completely personal. I mean, sure, I'll post something random of what's happening in my life, but I intend to use this account for anything pertaining to my work. Hell, I might even post a v-blog from time to time. We'll see.

If you like me, cool. Follow me, and I'll take you further down the rabbit hole.
- Liz -

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Number of Visits Since 3/25/3011