Tamashii & Friends - Gathering Original Colorized

Tamashii & Friends - Gathering Original Colorized

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Synopsis in the Making

Lately, I've been attempting a two-page synopsis for Angelic Guardians: The Gathering with the help of my editor Erica Spriggs. It hasn't been all that easy for either of us since I want to try and sound professional instead looking like a complete newbie, but Erica has been going a great job being patient with me thoughout this process and I commend her for that.


I got back one of my recent revisions Monday, and I feel like I'm on Cloud 9 right now with the words "epic plot". That's exactly what I'm going for with this series, and I hope to achieve it when it's all been said and done.


So, here's a look at my submission I just sent to her a few minutes ago. I know it's not perfect, but I'm still getting used to the swing of things. (Writing doesn't happen overnight!) Please note that this is told in Rizu's POV.
------------------------------------------------
Who would have thought that an ordinary university student like me, Rizu Hikarino, would be chosen by the ruler of Heaven to lead an army of angels against the demons of Hell? I wouldn’t have in a million years. That job belongs to someone strong and brave, not some coward like me.
I’m a sophomore at Oukan University and going for a degree in English Education. I was born and raised in a nearby city called Roganu where I live with my family during my vacations. While most of my classmates come from traditional Japanese families, mine is far from being traditional. Both of my parents have great jobs, but Mama’s the one who rules the house. I guess I should tell you that I also have a little sister who’s like my personal Chibimama (a mini Mama). She’s always bossy in my way.
I don’t have many friends. My classmates used to tease me because I wasn’t normal or average like them, and I stopped being so quick to trust people. Being introverted isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I’m always misunderstood, and when it comes to cute guys, I’m too shy to even ask them out. Take my friend Jeison Ankokuno, for example.  How could a girl turn down an aspiring surfer with dark hair and piercing blue-hazel eyes? No one, unless you’re my sexy roommate Beronika Hoshino. Why must she be so good-looking? I know she can’t help it, but I want Jeison to notice me.  And besides, Beronika isn’t interested in him at all. Then there’s Jeison’s distant cousin Megu Hino. She’s a sweet girl and all, but she’s too preppy for my taste. She’s the only friend (if you can call her a friend) who clashes with my personality. She’s popular and outgoing like Beronika. So, why am I even friends with her? I really don’t know, but I just am.
All I really want is a normal life.  I’d like to have a few close friends and a boyfriend, but I doubt that’ll ever happen, because my life is literally extraordinary.  To tell you the truth, I’m not really completely mortal. I’m actually a half-breed.  I’m both mortal and immortal.
I didn’t realize this until a librarian told me that I was the reincarnation of a warrior named Tamashii and that I have to lead a twelve-man army known as the Angelic Guardians in the next Holy War, which sounds crazy, but it’s not. Well, he’s really not a librarian just like I’m not really Rizu Hikarino. He’s actually the archangel Geiburieru. I want to ignore my destiny, but I was chosen by the almighty Shinmei himself and as a kurisuchan, I can’t easily run away from Shinmei’s all-seeing eye.
Why did Shinmei have to pick me to be like the next Savior to the world? I’m just a university student, not someone as great as Shinmei’s Son. And since I’ve been enlisted into Shinmei’s army, I have to deal with the Dark Demon Myoujou and his minions. At least I know I’m not alone in this war anymore. There are four other Angelic Guardians on campus, and it turns out that Beronika, Megu, and Jeison are Chosen Ones like me.
I can’t believe three out of the four Angelic Guardians have been with me the entire time. Beronika and Megu have been chosen to be Medetai and Iinaka, and so far, they’re the only ones who have joined me. But what about Jeison? Well, we’ve got a big problem on our hands concerning him. You see, Jeison is really Shi, the Angel of Death, and Myoujou’s commander Kasushiusu has managed to win him over to Myoujou because of his powers. Now that the demons have him in their possession, they have a strong chance of rewriting the prophecies about the next Holy War.
Our only hope right now is Inochi, the Angel of Life and the fifth Angelic Guardian, but until we find his vessel here at Oukan University, Medetai, Iinaka, and I can’t save Shi. More importantly, we can’t defeat Kasushiusu either. It’s gonna take all five of us to protect both earth and Heaven, and time is running out. We have to rescue Shi and thwart Kasushiusu’s mission before summer vacation. If not, Myoujou will be one step closer to eternal domination and the corruption of mankind.
What’s a girl like me to do?
---------------------------------------------
All characters and plots of Angelic Guardians and Demonic Guardians belong to L.D. Smith ©2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Number of Visits Since 3/25/3011