Tamashii & Friends - Gathering Original Colorized

Tamashii & Friends - Gathering Original Colorized

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Live-Action "Angelic Guardians" Movie Wish #1: Emma Watson

I've probably said this before, but if there was one actress that I could sign to play the role of Rizu Hikarino (Tamashii) in a live-action movie adaption of the Angelic Guardians series, I'd pick Emma Watson.

(Left: Rizu Hikarino (Tamashii); right: Emma Watson. Can you say separated at birth?)

Yes, I designed Rizu after Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series but more nerdy, if you will. (Okay, truthfully, I was known as Hermione to some of my college friends because of my bushy and unruly hair like the canon Hermione.) Even though she is too pretty for my taste, I'd rather have Emma take the lead role because of her talent and her celebrity status rather than a newbie.

(Not to mention the fact that Emma is a fellow Aries to Rizu and me. My birthday (and Rizu's) is April 17th. Emma's is April 15th. Of course, who is older? Woot! Go Rams!)

But why Emma Watson? Looks alone, she fits the bill. Brains alone, she fits the bill. (The girl is attending an American university. How many kid actors/actresses these days continue their education past home school?) The biggest plus? Should Emma accept the role (and I get a deal before then), she would get away from the "Hermione Granger" label that could haunt her for the rest of her life. (Not to mention the fact she would be the leading actress of her own movie series.)

The downfall? Several:

1. Emma has already spent nearly 10 years playing the same character in a movie series since she was a tween. I would rather have the first six books (Angelic Guardians: The Gathering-Angelic Guardians: The Revelations) in movie format than all 15, given the ages of the characters in remainder of the series. Still, six movies (two of which are split in half due to different plots in the same arc) is just as bad as eight movies based on seven books. The odds of her going for something as time and energy consuming as those Harry Potter movies were for her don't look good. Plus, she has mentioned that she would like to move onto something different. My translation: not another series of movies based on a famous novel saga.

2. Emma is British. Rizu is Japanese but would speak with an American accent if there was an anime adaption dubbed for English (naturally). Not only would Emma have to learn the Japanese language, she'd have to learn how to speak it correctly. (i.e.: "Rizu" is not pronounced as it's spelled. It's really "(Rli-z')" since there is no "l" in the Japanese language and the "u" is generally silent if placed at the end of a word.)

3. Emma would have to learn to appreciate the Japanese culture... that includes sushi and other weird food, though I would guess mochi ice cream would be her favorite dessert. I know it's mine. (Man, does that sound good right now!)

4. Last year, Emma became Winona Ryder on us, and now she's sporting a new do.



So much for the natural bushy Hermione hair.
-Liz-

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Number of Visits Since 3/25/3011